Actually, I think all Democrats want to confiscate our guns, but let’s stick with the New York variety for the moment.
It’s now clear that Democrats in the New York legislature were initially quite prepared to go far beyond the provisions of the gun-control bill that they eventually passed. The list of proposed provisions reads like a lefty tyrant’s wet dream. Courtesy of Weasel Zippers:
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation o ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
Republican New York Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin claims that the above list was the original bill. The Dems reportedly backed off when faced with serious opposition from the NRA and New York gun owners.
Once thwarted, the Dems then tried to hide their original intentions. No such luck – there was video. In McLaughlin’s words:
Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.
This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:
Democrats cannot be trusted with our liberties.